Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday, August 16 - A Day at the Beach!



JOHN - We decided that we were going to go to Corpus Christi today and enjoy a beautiful day at the beach. However, I agreed that I would help Mrs. Schiebel complete a powerpoint for a presentation she had coming up, so I had to make sure I got that done Sunday as well. Jayma said that I should bring me laptop and do it in the car on the ride over to C.C.!! Well, she didn't need to tell me twice.

We got everything packed up including some sandwiches, water, snacks, football, Frisbee, radio, etc. If we were making a day of it, we were going to do it right!! Jayma decided to take GIPS with us but I also grabbed some maps b/c GIPS and I weren't seeing eye-to-eye after the baseball game fiasco. However, GIPS got us right to C.C. with now problem. It was about a 2 hour drive and there wasn't a lot to look at between San Antonio and there. We saw a lot of ranches, moo cows, refineries but that was about it. Texas is a lot like Illinois because it's flat and when you drive through it, you're completely bored and want to nap. However, I didn't have time to sight see because I was busy working on the powerpoint, listening to Jayma sing!

Once we got to the beach, parked, we found our spot and hit the ocean. The sun was bright that day so we needed all the sunblock we could get. However, I wanted to work on this stupid farmer's tan that I have so I didn't put on as much as I probably should've. Needless to say, that came back and bit me. Or should I say, burned me!!

The ocean was nice and warm. It was a little brown but we didn't care. There was a nice breeze throughout the day which made it very tolerable to be laying out or in the ocean. We were surprised to not see so many "single" people out and about. To be honest, there were mostly families but we didn't care. We have a good time wherever we and whoever we go with!! I tried to teach Jayma how to throw a football but it may have been too windy to show her. Plus, once the ball got well, it wasn't even worth trying after that. We still played in the ocean and had a great time.

After awhile, I was getting worried that I was burning. Jayma said that I didn't look like I was getting any sun and not to worry too much. Once we left and I put a shirt on, I felt a little warm but nothing to worry about. We stopped at Whataburger for dinner and had a delicious hamburger. Whataburger is a fastfood franchise in Texas. You see them all over the place. I told Jayma we had to go just for the name alone. It reminded me of the movie, Good Burger, that Wes had me watch (good movie, BTW). Anyway, it was a good meal to end a great day. We got home and crashed. We seem to do that a lot but that sun does wear you out quickly. Had to get to bed early because school was starting the next day!!!

ROOM UPDATE: Yep, still haven't done anything. Well, I did a little before leaving but it was still in complete disarray!

No comments:

Post a Comment