Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday & Sunday, August 22 and 23



JOHN - After an amazing night dancing and partying with Sugar Ray, Jayma and I took it easy the rest of the weekend. In fact, I believe Jayma slept in til noon on Saturday while I updated the blog (as you can easily see).

Texas was having its annual tax-free weekend and Jayma and I were going to do a little shopping that day. We both needed some shoes and sandals and some clothes. So, once Jayma and I got to rolling, we hit The Rim and La Cantera. I ended up buying a lot of sandals (brown & black) as well as some dressy clothes. Well, we ended up spending a lot of time in many shoe stores that we ended up not doing much clothes shopping. However, we did end up getting our shoes and getting to know those shopping centers.

Originally we were going to go to downtown San Antonio that Saturday night. However, we were pretty worn out from all the shopping and walking but we were still feeling the effects from the concert. We decided to just do dinner at Papasito's. Let me say, I had some of the best strawberry daiquiris, even with the whip cream. And I refuse to accept the fact that it's a foofoo drink!! Our meals were delicious too!!

After dinner, we headed home and crashed for the night. For some reason, we ended up watching High School Musical 2, which was actually cute in a really cheesy way.

On Sunday, we were making it a pool day. I spent a good chunk of the morning updating the blog! I am glad I finally caught up because it makes it easier to just update it daily now. Before we hit the pool, Jayma comes back from getting the mail all excited b/c she found a really cool dresser/book case sitting next to the dumpster. She said that someone had just put it there and that it would be perfect for our living room. So we went out and grabbed it and it was in pretty good condition. After cleaning it off, Jayma made quick use of it by placing her printer and speakers on it.

We hit the pool and Jayma was able to break in her new raft. I pretty much swam the entire time and worked on my tan (it's getting better). One funny thing we saw, once we got there, was that Allergy (the stray cat) was walking around. Jayma told me to ignore her but I couldn't avoid her cuteness (the cat's, not Jayma's).

After our day at the pool, I made my delicious chicken enchiladas. Jayma went and picked up some chips and salsa from the Alamo Cafe to complement our meal. After that, we had to finish our weekly reflection and prepare for our first day of school with the students. We were both pretty excited to finally be at this point in our college career. It's been a long and exciting journey and we are ready to start this final stage. Tomorrow, the work really begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment