Sunday, September 27, 2009

Texas-Texas Tech game at Fox & Hound - Sept. 19


JOHN - On the day of the Texas-Texas Tech football game, I was getting pretty psyched!! This was the Longhorns' first real challenge and it was revenge game from last year when TT got real lucky and beat UT in the last minute. That game not only cost the Horns a conference title but a shot at the BCS title. But don't get me started on how screwed they were (sorry, Pete, UT deserved it more that TT and OU!).

The night before, Jayma and I were in Austin for the Living Colour concert. However, we decided not to get a hotel and tickets to the game. We knew that the game would be really expensive and we didn't feel like forking over all that money. Instead, we were going to go to some bar and watch the game surrounded by all of my Texas peeps.

On Saturday night, we met up with Lisa and Don at the Fox & Hound. We were going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings but the wait was too long and I wanted to get somewhere quick. We invited Mrs. Schiebel out and she joined us even though she refused to wear orange (She's an A & M graduate). However, I was decked out in burnt orange and so were most of the patrons of the bar even though there were some TT fans (They must have been rejected by UT if they were TT fans!!).

After text-trash talking with Klay (my cousin-in-law), the Longhorns ultimately prevailed. Sorry Klay, TT is overrated!! It was a good night and we all had a blast just kicking back and watching the game. Even Mrs. Schiebel seemed to have fun even though I know she was secretly rooting for TT to win. When we got home, I immediately passed out on the couch which Jayma was kind enough to get a picture of.

No comments:

Post a Comment