Sunday, November 8, 2009

Texas v. Central Florida game (Nov. 7)







JOHN - Before I even came down here, I knew I was going to go to at UT football game. I mean, I have been a fan since I was a kid so I had to see at least one game. And I didn't want to see them possibly lose because I always enjoy a blowout. This is why I settled on getting tickets for this game because UCF, though it's tough, probably wouldn't have beaten UT. And guess what, they didn't stand a chance!!

After I finally got over my illness from the past couple of days, we decided to go to Austin for the game. We had already purchased tickets and I was feeling better. Plus, this may be the last time I get to see them play live this year. Anyway, it turned out to be a perfect day. The weather was gorgeous as it was in the upper 70's. The sun was shining down on us as we were getting burned on our right sides.

The game started and UCF took a 3-0 at the start of the 2nd quarter. It seems that the Horns always start off slow each game but then really come on around the 2nd quarter. Well, it happened again. UT pretty much pounded UCF and moved the ball all over the field. Colt looked amazing but Shipley had a record-breaking day. He ended up finishing with a total of 273 yards!!

At the end of the game, Jayma and I decided to wait around the stadium. She noticed that there were people getting pics taken on the field so we decided to see if we could. Remember, Jayma and I live under the mantra "What's the worst that could, they say no"? So, we proceeded on down to the usher and he lets us on to the field. We were only there for a sec but we immediately walked into the end zone. It was a dream come true for me!!

As we were walking out, we ended us seeing one of the smoking-hot cheerleaders and I had to ask for a picture. What she doesn't know is that she's going to be my future ex-wife!! And that's okay because she was definitely nice on the eyes.

After the game and on our way back to S.A., we stopped at the Harley-Davidson dealership and picked up Terry a shirt. We stopped and got dinner before heading home. That night, Lisa and Don and Bentley stopped by and watched a movie. Another fun day in the life of the Dynamic Duo!

No comments:

Post a Comment