Sunday, November 8, 2009

Spurs v. Cavaliers game (Oct. 16)




JOHN - One of the great things about being a teacher is all the little perks you get. For instance, the Northside school district had some connections with the Spurs and we were able to get really cheap tickets. Jayma and I, deciding that we haven't done enough already since moving here, decided to go to the Spurs-Cavaliers game. I thought it'd be really cool to see a game, especially one that has Tim Duncan, Ginobli, Shaq and LeBron. Well, the night of the came and did it turn out to be quite the adventure.

It all started with Lisa calling and saying that her and Don had tickets to the game. To be more specific, they had great box seats where Don't employer, HEB, owned. We told them that Pete was flying in that night but we would meet up with them before the game.

As Jayma and I left for the game, I told her to head down to the Alamodome. Well, once we arrived there, we saw that there no cars around. Not one! I was thinking, maybe I got the wrong night. But, silly me, I didn't think to look at my tickets. Nope, I called Don instead. Don said the game was that night and that him and Lisa were on there way there. I asked him if the Spurs played in the Alamodome and he started to laugh. He informed me that they haven't played there for a few years and that they now play at the AT&T Center. Jayma called me an idiot and we proceeded our way to the AT&T Center.

Once we arrived and parked, we went up to the will-call ticket window and I gave the lady my name. She said that she didn't have the tickets. And then I realized, at that very moment, I had left the tickets at home. You see, the guy I bought the tickets from is a broker for the Spurs but they were purchased through him. Therefore, there's no way they would even have my name to look up. Jayma looked at me like I am an idiot (which I was) but she was pretty cool with the whole thing. Anyway, we decided to wait for Don and Lisa to see if they could get us in. Unfortunately they couldn't and Jayma and I decided we were going to leave. However, Jayma informed me to talk to the person in "ticket resolutions" to see if there is anything they could do. Well, by this time, much of the first period was over and we had no idea what to expect. Guess what, the lady immediately reached into the drawer, pulled out two tickets and told us to have fun!! The John and Jayma luck comes through again!!

We ended up going into the game and having these amazing seats. Not only were they great seats, they were in a suite!! Talk about getting lucky!! We watched the rest of the game where the Spurs ended up defeating the Cavs and we got to see Shaq and Tim and LeBron. I cannot believe our luck sometimes but that's all it's been since coming here.

No comments:

Post a Comment