Sunday, November 22, 2009

Classroom Divided - Texas vs. Texas A&M




JOHN - Mrs. Schiebel and I decided that the week before Thanksgiving break we would arrange the classroom. To be more specific, we were going to split the room right down the middle. On one side, Mrs. Schiebel's, the room would be painted in maroon and Aggie colors. On my side, it's all burnt orange and UT!! Since the big UT-A&M game is on Thanksgiving, we wanted to get in the spirit of the game. This is such a big rivalry here, similar to Cardinals-Cubs back home in Illinois. So you can imagine the state is divided on this. Unless you're a fan of Texas Tech and then you could care less about either team. But TT is insignificant so that's neither here nor there.

On Monday, some of the students came to classroom before school started and helped decorate. Mrs. Schiebel had her A&M supporters and I had my UT fans. I am soooooo glad I brought my UT blanket, football, shirt and Colt jersey to school on Friday the 13th. Because if I didn't...it would have been stolen!!

Anyway, the room turned out to look really nice. The door was also decorated by our advisory kids and was also split down the middle. I am posting lots of pics and I am really excited about the game. On another note, the Raiders play the Cowboys that day and that should turn out to be a really good game too! Well, maybe for a minute. Thanksgiving...here I come. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment